* 1 Pie shell Baked and let Cool !! (Store bought is fine rolled out a little thinner)
* 1 Cup White Sugar
* 3 Tbsp. Cornstarch
* 1/4 Cup Butter
* 1 Full Tbsp. Grated Lime Rind
* Just about a 1/2 Cup lime juice
* 1 Cup 1/2 &1/2 Cream
* 1 Cup Sour Cream
Whipped Sour Cream Topping ( for top of Pie )
* 1 Cup heavy cream whipped with 2 tsps. Tbsp. Confectioners' sugar
* 1/2 Cup Sour Cream ( Fold Sour Cream into whipped cream for topping on Lime Pie )
1. Bake pie shell, Let Cool
2. Combine the Sugar, Cornstarch, Butter, Lime Rind, Lime Juice and Light Cream in sauce pan. over low to medium heat,bring to light boil,stirring constantly. Cook until thick and smooth.
3. Remove from heat and let cool completely. Then ~ fold in 1 Cup Sour Cream until velvety smooth.
$. Pour the mixture into baked pie shell. Spoon and spread the sour cream whipped cream topping over the top of the lime pie. Sprinkle with grated Lime for garnish !
6-8 Servings !!! Enjoy ! A Family Favorite ! This Pie is Nice At "Christmas"or "The Fourth of July"